Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Reeperbahn, ich komm an........

No visit to Hamburg is complete without a trip to the famous Reeperbahn and, for me, last Thursday was the night.

The weather was warm and the girls were wearing not very much. It took quite a while to get to the Academy bar because the girls literally hang onto you and will not let you go until you explain why you don’t want to “go upstairs” with them. In fact they accept no excuses and I generally have to break away with the promise that I’ll consider it later.

Eventually I made it to the relative sanity of the Academy, only to find that football was on the big screen. How boring! So a walk around the block, a leisurely stroll down Herbert Straße (where I am allowed to walk but, if you are a female or under 18, you are not), a couple more beers and then a second attempt.

In the end I ended up listening to some good live music and hanging out with some cool types before suddenly deciding that I was tired and hungry and heading home at about 0400. A fun night out: Not too drunk and nothing too stupid done.

Not too drunk, but still very drunk – it’s all relative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counter