Monday, June 18, 2007

Bayona

I have had some success spearfishing - 2 fish! Unfortunately they were grey mullet. A shame I had wanted something a little different, but no other fish were big enough.

We have received our first invite to dinner today since leaving LR! Larry on "Suli" is doing a prawn curry - shld be good.

We have ordered the Atlantic Islands pilotbook, so we are stuck here until it arrives; not a problem for the next days at the forecast is pretty bad & full of winds from the South. Where are the NE trades? Hope they arrive the day after we get the book. Thats all for now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very good chef told me the secret with mullet is : gut them then clean them with a scotch pad (good scouring pad) Add one tablespoon of chopped onion a clove of garlic and a knob of butter (walnut size) half a glass of white wine wrap it all in foil like a gondola and put it in a very hot oven for 25-35 minutes if you try it and it is good I would like to know say in your blog

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! Happy Birthday old man!!
Sorry I havent kept in touch more, had to have a disc removed from my back, not a great experience!!
write me!
I might be going to your side of the world later in the summer.
Rob

8:37 AM  
Blogger cinnamon said...

Yo Rob, will email you right now!

7:47 AM  
Blogger cinnamon said...

I remember what an oven is, but we don't have one. Thanks for the tip though.

Mullet actually taste good filleted & fried with onions or garlic or with a light batter, we were just a bit bored of them. I can now recommend trigger fish!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counter