Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Anniversary!

Today is the 13th June 2007. One year ago today we motored out of Hamburger Yachthafen into the River Elbe.

We have come a long way since then: Down the Elbe, turn left; the desolate beauty of the East Frisian islands; the hot sunny weather of the Dutch inland waterways; along the coast of Belgium to France; a channel crossing across the bussiest shipping lanes in the world in a thick pea-souper; that green & pleasant land, England, & a chance for me to reaquaint myself with the things I had missed about my homeland, not least fishnchips and pasties; Falmouth to L'Aberwrach; the French Islands along the Atlantic coast; a long winter in La Rochelle & a chance to make some good friends; our longest passage aboard 1494 to date: 320M to Spain; the dolphins & the Spanish rias; and now poised near the Portuguese border.

I wonder where I will be writting the 2nd year anniversary blog?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counter