Monday, July 24, 2006

Belgium and France

A fair bit to report since the last entry: We met up with Ian and Nadine in Blankenberge (in Belgium!) and had a really nice evening with our first ever overnight boat guests. By the way, thanks very much guys for shouting us a much-needed pizza - went down a treat! We gave our guests the cap'n's cabin, Susi slept in the saloon and I slept in the cockpit. Everyone claimed to have slept well; I know I did, although that may have had something to do with the amount of beer consumed!

The next day I bought a new chart and we left at 1300, bound for Nieuwport. I wont go into details of the trip, but it was not our best due to friction between the commanding officer and one of his subordinates, and I definently sensed mutinous rumblings from the lower ranks!

Nieuwport was a bit nothingish & we found the Belgiums to be a little unfriendly - perhaps they were just reserved.

I'm now sitting in the cockit watching the sun set over Dunkerque in another new country. It was a very pleasant sail to here and officers and crew alike were working on tanning those white bits (still white though).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counter