Saturday, February 23, 2008

A "Hoff" moment

Picture the scene if you will: Our young adventurers are sitting on the beach enjoying a drink when Susi notices a Hobie catamaran capsize with 3 people on board. 2 of the 3 (mummy & child) start swimming for the beach (it's not far), leaving poor old dad not really sure what to do. He starts swimming after his wife and offspring but, with a sytrong offshore wind, is not getting anywhere fast. I put my drink down. "Excuse me", I say & I swim out to the cat. The guy obviously didn't know how to get the cat back on its feet & he accepted my offer of help gratefully. So I popped the cat upright & waited around while he climbed onboard. I was ready to jump off & let him carry on sailing but he was keen for me to sail him back to the "boat park". It was at this point that a beach worker came along in his motorboat. And what was his contribution? He told me off for not wearing a lifejacket!! Anyway, the guy was a bit shaken-up & was very glad to be back on dry land, shaking my hand & thanking me a lot. I gave him some tips & stuff & hoped it wouldn't put him off going back out there & enjoying it.

I really enjoyed the incident & Susi called me a hero! I think that "The Hoff" would have approved although, of course, no one was ever in any danger & I didn't have to resucitate a hot chick with oversized titties!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counter