Friday, August 18, 2006

Food Entry

Probably my favourite pastime apart from "bumsen" is eating, so I'm dedicating this entry to food!

First there was the top-notch fruitcake which my mum baked for Susi and I. I enjoyed it, as did Jackie but I think Susi was less impressed: She found a cat hair in her small slice and mentioned this to me. I explained that this is a staple ingredient in most of my mothers culinary creations and not to worry as, once accumualated in sufficient quantities, the hairs would work their own way out by way of coughing up a furball.

Next foody incedent was in Dartmouth (we weren't planning to stop there but we were glad the weather determined this 3-day stop for us as it was a lovely place): So we were on a pontoon in the river and the skipper of yacht Johna explained to us that he needed to leave his yacht for a week and thus needed a berth next to the pontoon and not rafted up to someone else who may have to leave before his return. Allways willing to help, we agreed to let them have our berth and then raft outside of them & this we duely did. After a fair amount of faffing around with lines and springs we completed the move &, as thanks, were rewarded with 4 beers - nice! Then the skip proceeded to give us all the perishables which would not keep untill his return. This amounted to:
- 2 yoghurts (strawberry)
- 1 tub coleslaw (nearly full)
- 1 salad
- 1 tomato
- Parmesan cheese
- Apple pie (3/4)
- Cherry pie (1/2)
- Mini bakewells (9)
- Milk
- Juice
- 2 Newspapers
- biscuits

Not a bad little tally!

Finally, in Plymouth (expensive marina, lots of cheap people) we met up with my cus Robin. Before watching the fireworks world championships (my cats Parsley & Cinnamon would not have approved) Robin was kind enough to drive us to Asda so I could pay homage at my fave supermarket and stock up on cheap tinned stuff such as custard, rice pud, beans, tinned choc cake, etc, etc - cheers cus!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cat hairs in the cake had been
washed either by Cinnamon or Parsley. You were lucky that they
didn't have a piece of scab attached. Sandra recons that the
hair came from Hamburg anyway. Glad
you enjoyed the fruit cake.
Keep in touch.
S & P

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I know ownly you could revel in such delights as FREE food. A fair haul I do not deny. You will dream of Asda in months to come so I hope you made the most of it.

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, you forgot a bit of food in your draw in the office, crums of bread and stuff. What a waste!
You also left some magazines there, and they are not about sailing...........

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Counter